What is Power BI-A complete Introduction
Technology has been upgrading rapidly over time. With the innovation of Artificial Intelligence and automation of data, Microsoft introduced this all-in-one data assorting. The cloud-based application called Power BI. Organizations like MindCypress provide Power BI training courses to professionals and help them in enhancing their skills.
In this blog, you will be introduced to the basics of Power BI and the benefits of understanding business intelligence.
What is Power BI?
Power BI is a business intelligence tool established by collaborating an assortment of cloud-based applications and services. This specific tool is necessary for collects, manages and analyzes company data and converts it into valuable insights. The tool often uses visually compelling and easy-to-process charts and graphs, through a user-friendly interface. Users can customize reports and dashboards according to their requirements.
Power BI lets you share your data source amongst others, while you visualize and detect what’s important. It connects to various data sources from Excel spreadsheets to databases and both cloud-based and on-premise applications.
Versions of Power BI
Various versions of Power BI are used for different kinds of platforms, according to their wants and needs. Some of the most commonly used versions include Desktop, Service-based (SaaS), and mobile Power BI. Down below, we have briefly explained a few examples of the different kinds of Power BI versions.
- Power BI Desktop- This tool is free for downloading and installing, making it easily accessible for everyone. It is used by developers for designing new models and creating data visualization.
- Power BI Service- A cloud-based tool that enables you to host data models, dashboards, and reports. Power BI Service also allows you to administer, share and collaborate these insights.
- Power BI Data Gateway- Power BI Gateway can be used to connect fresh data with your on-premises data sources, without having to transfer the information. You can easily inquire about large datasets and make the most out of investments.
- Power BI Mobile App- The mobile application lets you access your data any time and from anywhere. Power BI Mobile Applications are available for Android, IOS, and Windows.
How to use Power BI?
Here are the basic steps to understand how to use Power BI:
- Build a Power BI report, start by compiling data sources.
- Research the data to create reports based on your requirements.
- Publish the report to Power BI Service and share it on the cloud, where the mobile users can see and interact with the report.
- Decide who gets the permission to edit the reports and who can only have viewing access.
Benefits of Power BI
Find out the main benefits of using Power BI in your organization:
- Integration- Power BI easily gets combined with your already existing business process, allowing you to expand your horizon over the business intelligence segment.
- Features- The heart and soul of Power BI are its features. It is designed to create data visualizations based on the existing data. The applications are accessible via a mobile phone, leaving a convenient experience.
- Host Data Securely- The tool successfully refreshed your data to keep your insights up to date, keeping security measures in mind. This automated process allows you to be free from manually entering new information safely and securely.
- Cost- Power BI has two versions that you can purchase, Power BI Pro and Power BI Premium. If you are a small business that needs functionality at a low cost, the Pro is the choice for you. But, if you have to deal with hundreds of data stats, it will be suggested that you opt out for Power BI Premium.
Power BI is a versatile tool that can take care of all your data-related issues. This blog briefly explained the functionalities and the benefits of using Power BI. It has its intricacies too, hence we are here to provide you with a solution. MindCypress offers Power BI training courses to individuals and organizations. Host a live classroom session with your employees and help them in growing their skills. Call us today!